Amherst Kitchen Fire

After receiving a 911 telephone call from an Amherst resident, eight on-duty and all off-duty personnel were called to the scene at #60 Fearing st. in Amherst to put out a kitchen fire.

The fire crew erected a hose line into the house where they found a fire burning behind the first floor kitchen stove. This cause heavy smoke and visible flames from outside of the two-story building.

It seems as if the fire was caused by a malfunction of the propane gas line attached to the stove. Further investigations are being conducted.

Damage was limited to the kitchen and the attic area directly above. Residents are allowed to stay in the home- although the kitchen is unusable. There is no estimated cost for the damage, as of yet. No casualties occurred.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s